Saturday, 8 September 2012

5k, Body Pump, Swim!

Today, was a surprising day. Didn't really expect to do anything extra but just run a 5k and a gym. Ran a 5k at 6am as usual, but it's been a month since I did a 5k or did any type of running for more than a mile. Crossfit's 400meter run warm-ups aren't really considered for training. Unfortunately, my running time for a 5k has dropped to a whole minute! No running at all really makes a difference in time. I am looking into getting back to running if I want to do a half-marathon next month.

3 hours after the 5k run. I tried a Body Pump class for my first time. When it gets to weights I normally don't like to do light weights and more reps, I'm more of lifting heavier weights till I can't lift no more. Normally, the heavier the shorter the reps. With Body Pump, you are forced to do reps with a barbell. It's a one hour class working total body. Usually a song is 3-4 minutes, so for each song is working continuous on that body part. The order was Warm-Up, Back, Chest, Shoulders and Arms, Legs, and Abs. Definitely, had to go lighter than usual in this. However, the many reps just burn your arms at that time-frame. The workout wasn't extreme intensity compared to Cross-fit or P90X. So, I don't expect any soreness from it as I'm not feeling it much at all. But Body Pump does help for that definition in arms, but needs the right diet as well.

After Body Pump, aimed for a tan and did some swimming. Beautiful Saturday to relax and enjoy the leisure of a sweet body work.

No comments:

Post a Comment